View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #14
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Understand what you are saying, but two comments - narrowing it down to a technology thread like calibre is somewhat skewing the argument;
It is not skewing the argument it is why BetterRed made the argument to begin with. If you look at post 2 above you'll see I recognize that Old Threads have their place, but making the Old Thread Warning easier to see would benefit all forums.

Quote:
and you always have the option to unsubscribe from/ignore an old thread.
Being subscribe to the old thread makes it immensely easier to avoid confusing it with a new thread and ignoring the thread is after the fact and is of know benefit.

Quote:
If it's really that much of an issue, then I like BetterRed's suggestion of "a feature to create a 'Related Thread' that injected a link to the 'Old Thread' into the post would be useful." This would no doubt create a not insignificant amount of coding, though, and I doubt it would be worth the effort.
This is what I do by hand in the Calibre forum, when I catch them, in order to give folks a heads up.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-07-2013 at 07:52 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote