View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Fantasy decade reading challenge '00 -'10 recommendations welcomed

I decided that a neat challenge for 2013 would be to read through the past decade in fantasy genre. One book a year strikes me as a good idea, especially because I am a beginner in reading fantasy book (basically haven't read so much in this genre).
I tried a bit and did some research and I came up with this list.
I am still missing 2007 and 2009 (No luck there )
My criteria for publishing date refers to first publish date (not translations publish date, or ebook publish date).

With that said, I'm sure there are people on mobile read who are real fantasy connoisseurs so please help me complete my list.
I tried to go for variety, not repeating authors, as well as include some modern classics.
Hit me up with suggestions. Please suggest for all the years (not only 2007 and 2009), I am open to changing this list.
But no romance please and I like dark and complicated things better then black and white, cut and dry, cheerful stuff. I don't mind if you suggest standalone fantasy books or first book in a trilogy. But I will shy away from a longer series.

Thanks a bunch~

2000 Perdido Street Station by China Miéville

2001 American Gods by Neil Gaiman

2002 Shadow Prowler by Alexey Pehov

2003 The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud

2004 Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke

2005 Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

2006 The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly

2007 The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

2008 The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett

2009 Nothing yet

2010 Elves: Once Walked With Gods by James Barclay

Last edited by Geralt; 12-21-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: added 2007 book.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote