View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #14
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Not always. The battery in a Kindle Non-Touch CANNOT be replaced - not by anyone. It's glued in, and you can't remove the battery without destroying the device. If you believe that you know better, a lot of people would, I'm sure, love to see you demonstrate this .
Correct, but thankfully that seems to be more the exception than the rule, still.

The distinction more often is is the battery INTENDED to be user replaceable.
I have replaced the battery in my iPod Video, with tools and vids I found only. It took about 10 minutes, and cost under $10, but I can see how a non-technical person should rightly be wary of destroying the device while doing so.

By the way, over the past few weeks, I noticed my just-over-a-year-old Kindle failing to hold a charge for more than a few days.
Rather than running right to Youtube and eBay as I did with my iPod, I called Kindle customer service, and two days later I had a replacement device in my hands at no cost, so the lack of an easily replaceable battery really hasn't adversely affected me yet (and has made me all the more impressed with Amazon).

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote