View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
The set-date-of-modification-on-save feature request is already on the tracker. It's waiting for the options screen, because the user would have to opt-in to this behavior. I don't want Sigil to automatically update the book's metadata by itself unless told to do so, that goes against the Law of Least Astonishment.

The date of creation being set automatically... I don't think that's what the date of creation is for. As I understand it, it's for the date of creation of the original work, not the epub file. So if you're editing a book published in 1948 but created in 1945, the DoC would say 1945 and DoP would say 1948.

That's just my interpretation, not necessarily the correct one.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote