View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
Lately, I encountered a word in a french book that I wanted to look at. I selected it and it was the english-english dictionnary that popped up, no way to have access to the french-french dictionnary
Interesting! Did this happen with all words that you looked up? Or did you look up only this one word of this book? This behavior might depend on incorrect language settings of the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
An other thing : no proper name show up in the dictionnary (that can be useful to place a town or an historical character).
Maybe you would like to add a further French dictionary to your reader, as ShellShock did it with English dictionaries (link). Information on how to build dictionaries is available here (link), especially here (link). ShellShock will perhaps give some detailed instructions for Windows users (cf. this post). I am not sure whether one can find an appropriate French dictionary for conversion. I think the Encyclopédie de Diderot et d'Alembert might be useful for older stuff, and one can download it easily (http://encyclopédie.eu/A.html etc).
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote