View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #20
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Funny you should say that Rizla, I just started re-reading Hyperion, Dan Simmons' Hugo award winning novel. He doesn't mention the thunderstorm until the second sentence of the first paragraph, but that paragraph could almost be summarised as: "The night was dark and stormy ..." Also, this first paragraph was (drum roll please), in the prologue. Rules 3, 4, 6 and 8 are definitely are broken within a few pages. Arguably rules 7, 9 and 10 are broken too, but these are subjective items. It's a paper book so I haven't bothered searching for exclamation marks.

I think a quote from Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean) is in order (regarding the Pirates' Code):
Quote:
the code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Miss Turner.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote