View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 06:04 AM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Sabardeyn and Ducks,

Thank you both for your suggestions. I was just about to try them, but I see now the problem seems to have gone away.

Before un-installing and re-installing, I thought I would try it one more time. I exited Calibre, but then I noticed that the Calibre icon was still present in the System Tray. Presumably, the program stays running in the background, even after you close the user interface.

So I used the System Tray icon to quit Calibre. I then restarted it - and everything seems to be working fine now. It's also showing the correct version number in the status bar.

Thanks again for your replies. I'll keep in mind what you say about disabling the a/v for future reference.

Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote