View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #137
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Well, when people just take what they want without paying for it..., I can at least appreciate their anger and willingness to try to get back at those people, even when they do overreact.

That savings will be passed on to consumers is a lot more likely than that pirates will be paying when buying is cheap and convenient. That only works for ridiculously low amounts like $1.
At least you acknowledge that they overreact, and they didn't back off on overreacting until they got a bunch of US ISPs to monitor P2P traffic in a process that manages to be alarming without really showing any teeth. It goes into effect very soon, and I'm interested to see how that goes. It's supposed to be focusing on educating down loaders.

That $1 price point is already common for much media. It gets a lot of people to buy who otherwise wouldn't. The problem is when the media companies blame the "not buying" numbers on piracy because they have no way to know how much, if any, money is lost. I actually heard, with my own ears, a record label guy state that if people aren't buying, they are stealing it. He really believes that. Can't possibly be because cookie cutter singers all sound the same, which is why I wouldn't buy. They think a little too highly of their product, it seems.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote