View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 02:38 AM   #218
snogglethorpe
snogglethorpe can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesnogglethorpe can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesnogglethorpe can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesnogglethorpe can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesnogglethorpe can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesnogglethorpe can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesnogglethorpe can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesnogglethorpe can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesnogglethorpe can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesnogglethorpe can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguesnogglethorpe can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I just received a PW as a gift, and while I can see the utility of the built-in light, I don't really like the way the display looks while lit. The epaper in the PW seems to be very good, much better than epaper from a few years ago, and I find it much nicer to just put the light on its lowest setting (where it's effectively invisible in normal ambient lighting) and read in "pure reflective" mode.

That's actually my main complaint about the PW: you can't turn the light off entirely, merely make it very dim. In bright settings those two things are effectively the same, but in dim light, the display gets a sort of sickly glow which is quite annoying.

[Given the complete triviality of turning off the light in software, I find it surprising there's no "off" setting; I guess they just never thought about the issue...]
snogglethorpe is offline   Reply With Quote