View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #14
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
This is something that really bothers me. I want a "go to page" very much! I'm a "re-reader" and often after completing a book I want to go back and revisit sections/chapters that I liked the most. The biggest problem I have with my Kobo is the lack of being able to flip to a certain section. (I have this problem more in library books than in purchased books)
Oh, I feel you. The "obviousness" of a "Go To Page..." is so, er, obvious! that the lack of the feature is, frankly, shocking. eBook reading devices should have a Goto page feature to remain legal. All eBook reading devices without said function should be branded as contraband and/or illegal!

Maybe Kobo will realize that we are all reading books on these devices?! Digital books. Come on Kobo, you know what those are. Get with the program.

Imagine if you had to advance through the end of any book you opened off of your bookshelf in the "real" world in order to put it back on the shelf. Argh! Even if we flipped through it (which the Kobo also has no digital equivalent of: no "slider" thingy like on the Sony Readers, et al.) it would still be inconvenient.

Maybe a way to "Mark as..." books in the future? Kinda like on an e-mail program on our computers. "Mark as Read". "Mark as Unread". That would be fun.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote