View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannett View Post
Most of the books are in copyright, so I wouldn't be able to offer them for free. Does anyone think it would be worth offering these to rights holders to see if there would be any interest there? If ther were, would they be likely to buy the ebook? How should I approach the rights holders? Would it be worth approaching ebook retailers like Amazon with electronic versions of out-of-print books?
I think they would view you as a criminal unfortunately. You'll find in a lot of books the following warning:

No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote