Thread: ebook survey
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:00 AM   #12
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon lime View Post
I'm baffled that this did not get 100% Yes.
Standardized format doesn't mean the best reading experience. To make full use of some features of a reader, a modified book may be necessary.

Also, you must consider the real world. In a perfect world a standard format might work (I am not so sure about that, but let's assume it would for the sake of discussion), but we must deal with real-world situation. Including abilities and inabilities of various readers to render certain formats in a certain way. If all books were to be available only in EPUB format, for example, my reading experience would be drastically lowered because Sony's renderer is sub-par as far as I am concerned.

The problem is that this question is actually two questions - whether all e-books should have a standardized format, and whether they all should work on all devices.

Last edited by pepak; 08-01-2009 at 09:03 AM.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote