View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #207
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
Column shuffle

I'd like to use goodreads genre data, but I have the custom Genre column and my Tags column has non-genre stuff like "Novelette", "Anthology", "Read Next", etc.

Is it correct that there is nothing planned that will fix the limitation that keeps the Goodreads metadata plugin from using a custom Genre column?

I'm considering
  1. backing up everything,
  2. creating another custom column "Other Tags" or "Keywords" or ??,
  3. moving my Tags data to that column,
  4. getting rid of the Genre column, and
  5. using the Goodreads plugin for Genres in Tags.
It appears that bulk metadata search/replace will help me with step 3, moving data to another column.

Any flaws with this idea? Anyone done it?
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote