View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:04 PM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Its a format converter. A format converter has to basically handle lots of cases. There is no way a converter can do that in ~200 lines of code for a format as complex as .doc.
I agree. The problem with DOC is that it is a format defined by a program (MS Word), i.e. anything that Word accepts is a DOC and anything it does not isn't. So the approach of requiring MS Word, or an alternative with a well tested import capability (e.g. Open Office), to do the conversion outside Calibre sounds right to me.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote