View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I don't know a lot of people who even read a lot, and those that do read, read for the same reason I do: enjoyment. While they might not read what I read, they do realize I like what I am reading and are fine with that.

And in public... I've been reading electronically for so long, I can't even remember what the last pbook was I read in public... (and you cannot see what somebody is reading on an electronic device!)

So, I don't have any experience with those reading snobs, but I do wonder why people would actually look down on people based on their reading choices. Do reading snobs read those books because they like them or because they can say they've read them and think they'll be known as "well-read"?

edit: a reading snob in this case is somebody who looks down on everybody who doesn't read those "high literature" books...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote