View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 05:13 AM   #73
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I have a question if you don't mind my asking. If your collections are by series how do you organise the books(on ereader) by authors who have both series and standalone works?
I use the Sony's 'by author' list if I want to see books independent of series. This is one reason I put a short version of the series into the title. Also, I keep a small number of books on my reader (around 10). I make my choices of what to read using calibre, then send the set of candidates. I delete books I have read from my device.

I use a custom column, ondevice, and two or three saved searches to make this all easy. I can ask
- what books have I indicated I want to read are not on my reader?
- what books are on my reader that are not in my to-read queue?
- what is in my read queue? (These are ordered from 1 to 10, where 1 is what I want to read next.)
Quote:
I want my collections by author only and the books to be ordered by series if they are part of a series.
Except for a few bugs related to manual management, series collections are sorted by series, and non-series collections are sorted by title. It has been like this since the early 0.7 releases.
Quote:
Agggh I have been struggling with this for a while. I used to be able to have author_sort collections with the series sorted correctly. Just had to sort by series before sending.
This would have been in the 0.6 series, and perhaps 0.7 up to around 0.7.4.
Quote:
I would like some help if possible to create a custom column for use in a plugboard to use with Sony 600.
I know the Soney doesn't quite support plugboards but It kind of works.
I will deal with this in a separate post.

Now, for collection sorting. I am willing to entertain implementing a tweak that specifies a (probably composite) custom column to be used to sort collections. Such a tweak would permit sorting by almost anything. For example, if you always want series order, then the composite column would contain something like:
{series_index:0>3s}{title_sort}
This would sort series columns by series index. If there is no series index, or if the series indices are equal, the books would sort by title.

Would this solve any problems?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote