View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #25
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Do I get an answer to this or not?

I would also like to point out that I never once said jian1 should not complain, of course he should just not on almost every thread to the detriment of the forum. All I actually did was point out why I had marked one of his threads with one star when he whined about that. If you think swearing and bastardising the English language get you noticed for the right reasons then I wonder why jian1 has seemingly had no success.
At this point I am starting to fell sorry that I tried to tell you something.
One can insult and be rude using the most academic language. Sometimes it is -and that is the case for you, putting aside what Jian1 did-..it is what you say and not how you say it.

Jian1 has his rights to do what he did. He paid lots of money, he complained to the company, I am convinced he did everything he could to get his money back or to get hid device fixed but that did not work. Then he started complaining here and making public all his problems, yes, one by one! He has the right to do that, I do not find that wrong, one thread per issue does not force me to read 100 pages to see that others had the same problem. If the moderators find that wrong they should collapse his threads and that is the end of it. And yes, they should do the same for all the threads announcing M92. From a higher perspective we should collapse everything in one topic and that is the end of it. No sub forum for that... I am just following the logic.
And again, I find his threads informative, the potential users can, by just looking at the subject line, find out how many problems they could experience by buying M90.

To get to the source of this problem(rating)...people are happy to find out that the problems have been solved in the new incarnation of the Onyx ereader (M92) and what jbaach did for us in those threads is just amazing... that, in my view, explains the good rating for those threads.

On the other hand you keep saying that English is butchered in these/his threads and that was your point... it is just amazing how you can believe that his English is the reasons why he couldn't get his problem solved.
All in all I considered your initial intervention less constructive than his. The other answers just aggravated the whole thing. I am not going to argue about politeness, as I said you can insult in many other ways.

And in the end, to answer to your "Do I get..." no you don't get! You can kindly get... if you kindly ask.

and now in the end I could also say "Continue, it is not my forum" but how could I say that when I consider that impolite (and yes, it is not swearing) ..would I say that knowing that somehow I create the impression that the reader needs my permission to continue ?? Does he or she?... Would I say that knowing that that can be some how ironically.
The same goes that patronizing "Do I get..." but ...hey what do I know, my English is not perfect and I could have gotten that wrong. Sorry for my English

Last edited by PF4Mobile; 12-19-2011 at 11:15 AM.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote