View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #96
Neil
Addict
Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Neil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 6, iPad Air, Kindles HD 8, HD 10, Oasis 3, Scribe, PB Color
<<Ladies, Fish, and Gentlemen, this is one of the prices you pay for owning a Swin---excuse me, Kindle. In order to have Whispernet, you ceded the right to have Amazon look into your machine, play games with it, and (not germane to this particular problem) genericly track you around as you travel. You ceded this for the convenience of being able to download anywhere at the touch of a button.>>

Um. I think it has been well pointed out by more lawyerly types then myself in this thread that a license agreement may or may not be valid until it is tested in court. I am of the personal opinion that Amazon's Draconian tos would not stand up in court and that they are begging for a class action lawsuit. I just hope some lawyer gets interested enough to pursue such.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote