View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #673
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Re: K4B Bricked - Repair Needed Help :)

Another success report copied from a PM debricking session:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasumi
Hi I saw plenty of your posts and I hoped you could help me with unbricking my device.

I have a $69 Kindle (The new black NT model) that reboots only halfway on the tree screen then flashes to "Repair Needed" screen.

It cannot be mounted as an USB on my pc, but I know how to export usb with the MfgTool.

I don't think I made any changes to the main kernel, I just stupidly ran the code "/etc/init.d/framework start" in shell and unmounted when I was on UsbNet and that's what bricked it.

I didn't back up my system and I couldn't find any images for the 4.1.0 firmware. (Sigh, I know ><)

I would be extremely grateful if you can offer any assistance.
From a software point of view, yours is the same as the silver K4.

You need to reset the boot counter. There are RUNME.sh scripts posted to do that. Or you can do it manually from a diags SSH prompt... Look in the Dev Corner forum master index (K4 index wiki).
Thank you!!! I spent hours trying to find a fix, and your message gave me the right push!

I found the script for a factory reset and everything is fine now!

A quick question though: my device was jailbroken (with the K4 wiki method) before all this but now I don't see those files when mounted as a usb device. Is it reverted back? Would it function properly if I jailbreak it again?

A Million THANKS AGAIN!!! DDD
Factory reset erases and repopulates the USB drive with default files. You need to reinstall stuff.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-15-2012 at 11:19 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote