View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #240
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
Actually it gives a message at the top of the screen when the battery is getting low and will need charging in a bit...not sure how long that started before my died, but at least it gives some warning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrXca View Post
Hmm, never saw that, maybe it was there and I never noticed it...
Quote:
wouldn't be surprised if you just missed it...it was in tiny writing...in the same place as "home" is written when on the home page, or where the time or % read is when reading a book....in the same font and size. didn't flash or anything either. definitely easy to miss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrXca View Post
But those aren't displayed when your reading, only if you center tap.
Does that mean the low power warning only shows up if you center tap?
If so it seems rather pointless, if I'm reading I almost never center tap...
Quote:
oh, sorry, i couldn't tell you. I only have drained my battery once, and I happened to be doing something other than reading at the time (organising my library or something). I guess we'll find out when we've been using our Glos for a bit longer.
At least you know where to look for such a message when you're low on battery now
I was going through some old pictures I took with my phone the other day, and came across a couple I took of my Kobo Touch. They surprised me! I had completely forgotten this same low battery warning already existed pre-2.0.0. Image attached. However, indeed as you say XrXca, this warning doesn't show up when you're reading a book. Pretty useless, as that's exactly when you need it. I'm only on the home screen when I'm in between books, and I'm not going to check the book menu periodically to see how the battery is doing, especially not when the book is exciting!

So, I want a pop-up warning that screams at me for more juice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-15 18.53.08.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	538.4 KB
ID:	93831  
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote