View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 11:43 AM   #17
diabloNL
Gadget ForceŽ
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
It should not do anything but the data concerning the DRM are manipulated so there might be some bug. But it worked just moving the file to the Cybook?

The way I solved it is to import the book in MobiPocket Reader. Then I try to open it and it comes with a pop-up with the login screen for Fictionwise. After I log in I can open the book.

Now I send the book to the Cybook and again I need to log in to activate it. After this I make a copy of the book on the Cybook and keep it as backup, because this file will work on the PC and the Cybook.

The same will happen if I download a purchased book and want to install it on a reader that has not been authorized for that book, also in this case it will come with the login screen for Fictionwise. So it seems that something in the file has changed causing that MobiPocket needs to check if it is authorized.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote