View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 03:45 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Associating Brown with Ludlum is an insult to Ludlum. I'm sensitive there only because he's one of my favorite authors. Eric Lustbader did an excellent job carrying on in the Bourne series (Lustbader has a better grip on describing physical confrontations).
Both Mr. Ludlum and Mr. Brown are/were writers of extremely commercially successful thrillers. Given that neither was setting out to write "great literature", but simply "escapist entertainment", I certainly don't think that it is any "insult" to the late Mr. Ludlum to compare his books to those of Mr. Brown. They are undoubtedly in the same "genre".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote