View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
The truth is I didn't know then and don't know now if large-scale DRM removal would reduce piracy. However this does bring up a new question:
I don't have any links to the exact numbers... but if I remember correctly once iTunes started selling DRM free overall sales went UP! Also, once Amazon opened it's DRM free MP3 store overall sales went UP again. So, there is good reason to think the same will happen with ebooks.

Does "sharing" increase? Perhaps, perhaps not. But, who cares? If sales go up isn't that what is most important to publishers and authors?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote