View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #17
MidnightBlue
écureuil secret
MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MidnightBlue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
The problem with responses from manuscript submissions to agents and publishers is that, if rejected, you don't get any feedback to say what they feel is wrong. It may have cost a significant amount*, but at least the appraisal shows me the sorts of things that at least one professional actually thought of the work - unflattering maybe, but more useful than the standard "thanks but no thanks" response.

* I don't see the cost as unfair - if you look at the number of hours it must take simply to read the work and then write something useful about it at the end.
I don't agree with that. I had several rejections before I found my first publisher and although they did not include an in depth analysis they did say why they were not interested. One suggested that I try another more suitable publisher and that publisher published my first book.
MidnightBlue is offline   Reply With Quote