View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Interesting. So that's 6 points in total, possibly for a serial console (GND, CTS, VCC, TXD, RXD, RTS). GND is the blob, VCC is C2, and the others are T1/T2 which are two pads each, exact order yet to be determined.

I guess it's worth a shot. I'll spend another €20 on a serial cable such as this http://www.delock.de/produkte/N_83117/dokumente.html and see if I can ruin my bricked Story HD some more with my horrible soldering skills. Sigh.

Quote:
the story K HD almost same the Story HD. but some difference a software(like a partition size)
Story HD Basic has 2 partitions Story HD Wifi has 3 partitions.

1 partition for system files (firmware)
1 partition for user files (ebooks)
1 partition for downloaded updates (wifi only)

Software is slightly different for each country, due to different keyboard layout / ebook shop solution.

If the serial console actually works and gives raw access to the internal memory somehow, or even just the shell, unbricking would be possible. Brick in my case is most likely caused by a surplus library file / file in the wrong location as it happened when installing Story HD Basic firmware archive on a Story HD Basic running Story HD Wifi firmware. :^)
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote