View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 08:55 AM   #116
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
@ixtab:
any clue, why Amazon kicked my Touch out of being a "Test-Kindle"? After swapping to my second account I got a message from Amazon. Assume I have to run the hack again and reactivate as such.
Not really a clue, but an "educated guess". The /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore is the culprit here. When used the "official" way, one would register with Amazon for a developer account (BTW, I applied twice in the last 1.5 years, and never got a reply ), and then by some voodoo magic your own certificate ends up in that file, so you can test the applications that you wrote.

This is obviously tied to your account -- you don't want *every* developer cert on your device, only the ones you're interested in/allowed by Amazon. And since it is tied to your account, it also makes sense to reset this information when the Kindle owner is changed.

A assume that this is what was happening. The fix is trivial: just install the devcerts bundle again.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote