View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I just looked at the code and metadata is read before import plugins are called. Why is the metadata not being read from the PDB file? IIRC calibre has a PDB metadata reader.
I've just been looking at the built-in file type plug-ins, and I can see that for most of them reading the metadata from the original file will work.

But what about your Archive Extract Filetype plug-in? Doesn't it have the same problem that my plug-in has - no meta data extracted from the file?

(goes to check)
Yes, it does - If I put a (non-DRMed) Mobipocket file into a zip archive and import it, it imports as a PRC format file, and can be viewed in the viewer, but no metadata has been read for it.

Should I raise an enhancement request for this? Of can you think of a work-around?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote