View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 09:35 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtime View Post
So, the Connect files reside somewhere (no one seems to know where) on the hard drive. I am on vacation using someone else's computer. When I go back to my own machine, will I be able to drag the books I've purchased off of the Reader into the library? Or will I have to download them again (assuming that is possible)? TIA
Easiest thing to do is to re-download them from Connect.

Quote:
Passable typography is possible by formatting text from Gutenberg and saving as rtf. This allows most TrueType and some OpenType fonts to be embedded and the Reader seems to respect the size choices also. If a protected OpenType font is used, however, Connect Reader crashes.
I don't believe that the RTF file format supports font embedding. LRF and PDF do, but not. AFAIK, RTF.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote