View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 11:52 PM   #20
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's beginning to seem like any place is a great place to start.

I have a feeling he was recommended to me recently based on some comments I made about reading Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov. I mentioned that reading the book was quite a bit of work but you get out of it what you put into it. I feel like it's a book that keeps giving well after the reading is over. Reading reviews of Faulkner's work, it seems like the same principles apply.

So I'll need to make sure I schedule him such that I don't have too many consecutive challenging reads. I don't want to blunt my enjoyment because of a reading weariness/lethargy. It happens - like when I tried to read Midnight's Children just at the completion stage of building my house and moving in. I could see that the book was impressive, but it wore me down because of bad timing.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote