View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #320
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
after more experimentation with 3.2.1 on my DXG i've discovered a good work around to the slow wake issue....

1. disable the screensaver via ;debugOn ~disableScreensaver
[this never used to work on DXG or Kindle 2 but does under 3.2.1]

2. manually power off by holding the power slider for 5 seconds...kindle will go blank

3. flick the slider to power on again...my kindle then comes to life after only 4 seconds!

as well as avoiding the slow wake ups, this setup gives me the advantage of having my kindle on all day when i need it without those annoying screensaver timeouts (i was using a hack to delay them anyway). i seldom have 3g on so battery drain is minimal. if i know i wont be using it for a few hours i just power it down fully.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote