View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 06:18 AM   #1
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Unhappy Quotation marks overhanging?

I recently purchased a Kobo eReader Touch and in many respects am enjoying it However, there is one recurring irritation - a large number of overhanging quotation marks - that is to say, closing quotation marks relating to dialogue in one line appearing orphaned at the beginning of the next, otherwise empty line - i.e.:

He looked gleeful and murmured: "I told you so!
"

Is this simply a poorly formatted ebook ('A Clash of Kings' by George RR Martin) or it related in any way to the eReader software? Has anyone else encountered the issue? I have the font and line spacings on the default settings, by the way. Any input gratefully received
(Supplementary question - what is the mysterious 'Kobo styling' referred to in the font/ line dialogue settings page?)
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote