View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUskerMn View Post
Is there a Dummies Guide to Getting Fictionwise Content on Your Kindle Using a Mac?

I've read almost every thread I could find and am thoroughly confused.

I'm a geek but I don't really use the Command Prompt in Windows or the Terminal on my Macs.

Basically, I'm looking for a fairly straightforward, intermediate-level way to do this.
The most relevent thread is probably How to make Igor's script work. This is using Igor's hack to allow MOBI files registered to your Kindle's PID to work on the Kindle. The thread is for a Windows Desktop, but a Mac should be similar (I think Python is probably already installed, which should help). The bottom line is that currently the command line is the only approach available, but it should not be too difficult if you give it a try.

A GUI wrapper (on Windows or OSX) is certainly possible, but someone would have to write it.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote