View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 05:46 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
In my case, I know I won't always have internet access when I'm away from home (even though I can tether my laptop/netbook to my cell phone) and I want to make sure I have access to my books at all times.
Daffy... your dropbox folder/files are ALWAYS available locally. So, you will have access to your books in your dropbox folder whether you are online or not.

Dropbox syncs the data to the cloud and other computers. It is not strictly remote/cloud storage like iDisk or iDrive or something like that.

BOb

BTW: The peer-to-peer stuff doesn't change anything other than making it faster if computers you are syncing are on the same LAN.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote