View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I am so used to learning from your informative posts that I was surprised to find you touting this great "discovery" which, as the post above notes, has been available publicly for some time now. Datebk and CESD, its developer, are fixtures in the Palm community. And yet, though I own Datebk and will purchase the upgrade just to continue owning it, I have never felt it to be ideal for at least two reasons: 1) it imitates the Palm GUI (in an email of long ago, CESD told me he had designed it that way to make it easier for typical Palm users to adapt) which I do not particularly like, and which it makes more cluttered by its add-ons, and 2) more importantly, it adds all kinds of features on the handheld (for example, floating appointments which, of course, are not appointments but tasks that appear on the desktop as appointments) that are not reproducible on the desktop. I use my desktop all the time, and use the handheld when away from it, but not while I am at it: I want the two to be in perfect synchrony, and this is impossible with Datebk. Philippe Radley