View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #34
dilo_sec
dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dilo_sec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I just tried the original URL as I posted above (and on the amazon page). It downloaded with google chrome on win XP just fine. It seems odd that the "official" URL fails for you, but the modified URL works.
Mystery solved! It was something I did a while back.

Explanation: Some time ago, when messing about with kindlegen and Kindle Previewer on the PC to see the mobi results (I did this a lot!) - I stopped KP wasting a few seconds auto checking for a more recent version every time KP was started - I did this by updating my firewall to block access to these sites:
kindlepreviewer.s3.amazonaws.com
s3.amazonaws.com

It explains why I cound not download from 's3.amazonaws.com', but downloading from 'kindle.s3.amazonaws.com' was ok.

Apologies to geekmaster wasting a bit of your time.
dilo_sec is offline   Reply With Quote