View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #59
Steve Anderson
Addict
Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steve Anderson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, laptop, more
I'm going to recommend David Downing, though with reluctance. I'm sucker for anything set in the 1930s/40s and his series has an Anglo-American longtime expat in Berlin, a journalist who gets mixed up in espionage and mystery mostly to hold out hope of protecting his son and girlfriend in a doomed Germany. The details are good and the characters drawn well enough, but Downing frustrates me by often introducing too many subplots that have equal stakes. I'm about halfway through Stettin Station and it's the same with this one, but I'm entertained and I'm sure I'll read the next one.

Steve
Steve Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote