View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #13
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
I admit that's my grandest objection. I would only be able to "read" things on the device, not to operate with them. A bunch of buttons is useless when it comes to interacting with texts seriously. And with no USB host you can't plug a keyboard either...
Uh, last I heard there are plans for a 903 with all the bells and whistles including touchscreen. It's a series of readers that run off similar hardware and common software. Want pen annotation and usb keyboard support? Look to the 902/903/whatever. Those will no question be premium readers at premium prices.

Me, I'm a big fan of the 5-way controller in the 360 but I have to admit it is not indispensable for reading. I *wish* the 901 had one but I don't think it'll be a showstopper for the use I have in mind. And faced with the choice of a 903 or a 901 I think the 901 is a better fit for that use. Others will surely prefer the 903; hence both models are coming.

In other words: its not a bug, its a feature!
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote