Thread: Calibre Speedup
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #15
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
...You could limit your general searches by going to Preferences - Searching and editing the "Columns that non-prefixed searches are limited to" box. I limit my searches to title, authors, tags, series, and publisher. By removing comments you can drastically increase the speed of your non-prefixed searches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I use non-qualified searches all the time and don't see 'Minutes' go by
on a lowly P4 with 4K books in the Library

I do have the setting mentioned by DoctorOhh down to 3 fields
Ah, thanks for reminding me of that! I forgot about that one. I'd had that turned off for almost a year to force myself to remember to use column lookup names, so when I misspelled a lookup name in search box, or forgot to use the # for a custom column, results took a long time while I couldn't do anything else. So I just turned it on, and limited it to authors, series, title, and #people (alternate author names). Now recovery from those mistakes is much faster!
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote