View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
'Lending' DRM eBooks?

Sony's FAQ at ebookstore(dot)sony(dot)com makes it sound rather simple:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony
You can give an eBook to a friend if he has either a computer or a Reader Digital Book authorized to your account. If your friend has an authorized device, he/she will be able to download the same eBooks that you downloaded for yourself. However you can not share eBooks between 2 different accounts (email addresses).
Assuming that this statement can be interpreted literally, a device can only be authorized to one account at a time. Thus, in theory, I could 'lend' a friend a DRM'ed eBook by authorizing their Reader or PC to my account, and s/he would be forced to de-authorize his/her reader while reading 'my' book, but could re-authorize it to their own account when they finished reading. I have done a similar process with Audible(dot)com files. Can anybody who has bought from both Sony and Audible tell me if that's how it really works in practice?
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote