View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #13
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
exactly!! I really like the way FBReader works overall. And someone will port it over eventually. I am amazed that the FReader folks get as many platforms supported as they do. In fact they have a Google group that is quite active, well it was when I followed it for a year or so...mostly about bug fixes and such. It was interesting insight.
Yes, the convenience can be compelling. The big win for me was support for Plucker documents and Mobipocket files. It meant I could put it on my notebook running Linux and put a copy of my ebook library from my PDA on it. I have about 3,200 Plucker volumes, so this was a big win.

I'm fascinated by the fact that FBReader was originally created for handhelds, and support for Windows and Linux desktops is experimental.

The Java version for Android looks quite interesting, and might just become the basis for other versions, too.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote