View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #89
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
A compliment to an author is never off topic.

The BSG novel was a definite change of pace for me, and a lot of fun. Glad you liked it! It didn't sell very well, unfortunately, but besides being an enjoyable detour, it turned me and my family into diehard BSG fans.

I see by your sig line that you're a scooter pilot! Me, too. I ride a Tomos around town and love it. My wife rides a Honda. (Now, that's off topic.)
Yeah, the scooter thing is still pretty weird in these parts. But they are becoming more popular each year. Started when I decided to fight "the man" (no reason really) and decided I wanted to buy less gas, grow my own vegetables and I even bought 5 chickens so I can have my own eggs. I live smack in the middle of a city of half a million people, so I've become the odd fellow of the block.

So yeah, my scoot (Honda Metropolitan) gets 100 MPG. Neighbor kids come and want to pet my chickens and get free eggs. Co-workers stare at me as I read e-books and brag that I know the guy who wrote the best BSG novel.

I don't really know you, but hey, it's all I got. I'm only 39, which I thought was to young to be the eccentric guy of the block, but I was wrong.

So scoot on author man! More fun than a motorcycle and less deadly. Well, slightly less deadly.

Now to get sorta back on topic so I don't get yelled at--I downloaded your books and two friends asked about it and I sent them to your site as well.

This may have been discussed before on these forums, but I couldn't find anything, so I'll ask for this thread:

Do you think that your "author embracing e-books" strategy has really helped get your name out there, or is the e-book industry still too new to tell?

By the way, I was surprised that you mentioned that your BSG book didn't sell well--it had way higher reviews than the other BSG books.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote