View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Trouble downloading MSReader books from Harlequin books (only)

I was wondering if any of you experienced users could help me out...

I've bought, downloaded and read Microsoft Reader books on this laptop from Fictionwise. Last one the other day, so that seemed to work fine.

I registered and bought a few books at Harlequin (hey a girl needs some easy reading besides sci-fi!). The are in my bookshelf there. But I'm not able to download them.

Their bookshelf/software apparently doesn't recognize my Microsoft Reader. They suggest authorizing it. So I've re-authorized, and had it check that it's the latest update etc form the MS site. MS site reports all is okay. I used the same email address on Harlequin as is my Passport/LiveID thingy for MSReader.

I still am unable to download the books I've bought. I'm waiting to hear back from their tech support (their stock/basic suggestions, authorizing again, making sure I use Explorer, clearing history, making sure MSReader isn't bloced by firewall etc didn't help). But meanwhile, I was wondering if anyone here has encountered something similar, and what did you do to solve it?

I'm thinking it's an issue with Harlequin's bookshelf/software? Since I can download & open protected books from Fictionwise on the very same copy of MicrososftReader. Or could it be something else? Any ideas?

The thing is, I'm leaving for a trip in a few days, and would love to have the books with me...
June is offline   Reply With Quote