View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 03:49 AM   #67
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Same thing here - the flasher (here) identifies itself as "PRS-505 flasher 1.3 by igorsk", and I also replaced the included image with this one, giving me alternative icons, a unified menu font, and the clock. (Other combinations available - see the translated thread.)

Then...
  1. Unpack the contents of the archive.
  2. (Optional) Replace the incuded 'new_opt.img' with an alternative one. (Renaming the new one to 'new_opt.img'.)
  3. Copy the exploded archive to the root of a SD card. (I'd reformatted mine to FAT/FAT16 - may not be required.)
  4. Check you have a "/tmp" folder in the root of the Reader when viewed as a USB device, (create one if you haven't,) then unmount the reader.
  5. Plug the flash card into the PRS-505
  6. Press 6
  7. Wait for the PRS-505 to report "Reflashing was successful. Rebooting."
  8. Take the flash card out of the PRS-505
  9. Wait for the unit to reboot
  10. Enjoy
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote