View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 06:24 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemyst View Post
The epub file was 238 pgs long (altho as I turned the pages when reading, it didn't always change the page count. Is that normal?).
This is normal for epubs on the 505. Epub doesn't give you a new page number with each new screen it gives you a new page every 1024 bytes of data. This means that on your 505 no matter what size the font the number of pages will be the same.

Quote:
The same file (converted to lrf from html) - is now 1405 pgs!

Does this huge difference in page count sound right?
LRF sets the pages numbers by how many screens it will take to display the entire book. One page for each screen. this is why this number changes when you change font size.

Quote:
My 505 firmware is v 1.1.01.25200. It's the same one that was installed when I bought the reader in July 2009.
That firmware is fine. There is some code that can cause the 505 to reboot. I ran into this while creating a epub of the Beautiful Soup documentation. I wasn't interested enough to actuall track down the offending code.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote