View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #28
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Thanks, Fbone. I decided to go with Brooklyn since they have quite a few titles I'm interested in and can't get locally. Their system permits the whole sign-up process to be done online. Once I submitted my application, they emailed me that my account would become active 3 days after receipt of my State I.D. and payment of the 'fine'.

After I submitted that info, my account was activated in about 10 minutes It appears that I have full privileges, but of course I'll only be accessing their digital media catalog.

Appreciate all the info you've provided us in this thread.
You're welcome. I'm glad things worked out for you.

Have you tried accessing the NYPL's Overdrive collection with your Brooklyn card? It would be interesting to know if it worked. According to their website you have privileges at both.

Quote:
As a courtesy to other New York City library users, Brooklyn Public Library and Queens Public Library cardholders may use their existing cards once it is linked to NYPL.
http://ebooks.nypl.org/6B618800-5436...en/Default.htm
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote