Thread: audio books
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
My daughter just bought an iPod Shuffle, 2GB for $70, which would be excellent for listening to audio books or music on. It is about the size of 4 postage stamps and not a whole lot thicker.
I'm pretty sure you can't listen to audio books on a shuffle.

1. You have no way to choose what song/file you listen to on the shuffle.
2. The shuffle will not book mark a position in a file.

Unless the two above items have changed. There is a Creative Media (I think is the brand) device similar in size/price/capaicty to the shuffle but it does have a display and allow for the above two things.

But, I do agree, a decent MP3 player is a better choice than any of the current readers for audio books.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote