Thread: Gen3 Damaged Screen...
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
Had a bath last night, so the Cybook was in the Aquapac case, and not the leather protective one... Must have sat it on the bed when I went to get dressed after, and forgotten about it.

Got up this morning and realised what I'd done... it was on the floor and there is a dent on the screen, which now just shows garbage...

So I've destroyed the screen.

I take it that it's now worthless, and even if I got Bookeen to repair it I'd be looking at the price of a new unit?
Depends if it was under warranty. If not, you're looking for another unit or a repair cost of around $135/Euros. (Depending on your country. And shipping is extra.) Sad to hear this.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote