View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
A Lurker
Connoisseur
A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
For example:

Original text (note that the title is centered, the first paragraph is flush left, and the next two paragraphs are indented):

Story
The man ran.
The cat ran.
The mouse ran.

Calibre's default formatting (note that it deletes my tabs and inserts spaces):

Story

The man ran.

The cat ran.

The mouse ran.

If I select "remove spaces" this is the result (note that the title is off-center and the first paragraph is incorrectly indented):

Story

The man ran.
The cat ran.
The mouse ran.

If I select "remove spaces" and set the indent to 0 this is the result (note that none of the paragraphs are indented, which is incorrect):

Story

The man ran.
The cat ran.
The mouse ran.

As you can see, it's impossible to maintain the original formatting.

Last edited by A Lurker; 11-25-2012 at 10:50 AM.
A Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote