Thread: K4 Mac or PC Silly K4PC question
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #14
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm3 View Post
let me see if i have this correct ...

the best plan is to purchase the book, then download to PC and remove DRM (if one wants to do DRM removal). the result is a DRM free copy on the PC.

is the next step to import said DRM free copy to the kindle, or can you just use read a kindle format version on the kindle, saving the DRM free PC copy for future use if needed?

i think what is confusing me some is once a book is purchased, one can apparently read it on their kindle, their PC, their iPhone, etc.

thanks for helping me understand all of this.
1) Correct.

2) You can just read the Kindle format one on your Kindle, assuming that your Kindle and your Kindle4PC app are assigned to the same account. But you can also read the DRM-free version on your Kindle if you copy it by hand over USB (also called 'sideloading'). Both will work.

3) Yes, you can, if the Kindle and the different Kindle4... apps are assigned to the same account (up to six devices, I think). The DRM-free version will work anywhere, also with non-Kindle apps that read MobiPocket format or readers that do.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote