View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #45
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garywitscher View Post
Am I that blind that I didn't see that or is it only in the full version? The README in the "lite" version does say one can't close a tab. I'm using the full version now because I didn't see that available in the "lite" version.

I was trying to say that it would be nice to have such a option in the "lite" version. That way it wouldn't be necessary to use that proprietary file from the DR1000 to get the "multi document" function (open and close).

By searching the posting I see that many people have modified the popupmenu over the last few months to reflect their wants and needs. So, I was thinking that it might be possible to add the close function to the menu in the "lite" ver of DR800+. This would make it easy for most DR800 users to enjoy the "lite" features.
Hi,

Close button for tabs is only available in the full package, so the only way to close open tabs in lite version is to reboot the device.

The reason behind it is because it's UDS binary who decides which icons/actions are shown and executed when button is clicked, but we don't have any control over the UDS application.
We could easily show the close icon but we can't inject the "close" action when selected, it's all UDS stuff.

Maybe we could hack a new close action but I'm afraid it will be too much and hard work.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote